By establishing AASTMT Branch in Sharjah, AASTMT and the Sharjah Government aim to accomplish the following major goals:
- Introduce and develop educational programs in Science, Technology and Maritime Transport to achieve institutional excellence in accordance with the policies and plans of AASTMT Branch in Sharjah that are emanated from AASTMT General Plan.
- Support and develop the maritime transport sector and prepare qualified cadres to work with it in various fields according to the latest scientific systems.
- Supporting scientific research activity in the fields of science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Consolidating scientific links and connections and exchanging expertise and technical and cultural information with local and international institutions in accordance with the goals and competences of AASTMT and the Branch.
- Applying AASTMT accredited educational, training, and scientific research programs approved in the fields of science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Introducing and developing educational and training programs in line with the goals of AASTMT and the Branch, considering the obtained accreditations in the corresponding educational entities at the Headquarters of AASTMT in Alexandria.
- Providing professional training programs in the field of science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Preparing a high-level scientific research and projects in science, technology, and maritime transport in partnership with specialized national and international institutions.
- Organizing and participating in exhibitions, conferences and scientific and cultural activities related to science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Establishing strategic partnerships and cooperation agreements with local and international academies, universities, organizations, and institutes for the purpose of supporting the branch's programs in the fields of science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Promoting AASTMT Branch in Sharjah to be a scientific, cultural, National, Arab, and international center for science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Preparing and qualifying Academic cadres in the field of science, technology, and maritime transport.
- Developing the infrastructure needed for the social research, education, training, and orientation in the branch in accordance with the best internationally accredited applied practices and standards.
- Any other objectives decreed by the Board of trustees in coordination with AASTMT.